“Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.” – Muhammad Ali
This post is dedicated to the people who have been part of my life, walked into my life, and are still here. This post is also for the people who may or may not be actively present right now, but still mean more to me than I could ever imagine. To my friends – thank you for being who you are, you’ve changed my life and been more than a pillar of support – you’ve been my lifeline.
- Bageshree – My childhood friend, my better half. You’ve stayed with me through thick and thin, put up with all my craziness, my moody behaviour and moreover, you’ve patiently accepted every flaw of mine and never judged me. To us, and to a lifetime of memories and good times.
- Vidhi – If there was one person I could turn to, to make me laugh – it’s been you. You have always been someone who has stood up for me, when no one else did, guided me when I lost my way, and haven’t judged me. You’ve believed in me more than I could imagine and you make my world happier by just being there.
- Byram – You’ve grown up in front of me and you’ve always looked out for me. No matter how ridiculous I get, you’ve put up with me and my insanity. When I’ve been down, you use your mantra of moving on and telling me to buckle up. The one friend who’s always given me tough love – and never thought otherwise.
- Tamira – My loudest, craziest and most positive friend. You only want what’s best for me, and you’ve done nothing but make me happy. When I’ve felt alone and lost, you’ve made sure that I get out of it, and make sure that I forget all the crappiness in my life. You just know how to make me feel good again.
- Deepti – I’ve known you to be the one person who’s always smiling. You have always given me good, solid and very helpful advice and the best part? You keep reminding me to live my life to the fullest and to pursue my dreams. You always laugh and it’s infectious and keep me grounded.
- Vivek – What can I say? Brutally honest, always looking out for me, and someone who’s heart is in the right place, you’ve done so much for me – been there for me and supported me. You’ve given me tough love and pulled me out of sticky situations and always told me to keep my head high and never feel bad about myself.
- Rizwan – I’ll never forget the good laughs and the times we’ve sat and just talked about everything. There were so many times I was lost and you helped me just get out of it. Your heart is filled with love, and I know that even if we don’t talk much – you’ve impacted my life in a way I can’t even begin to describe. Hopefully, 2014 will be a better time
- Basith – What can I say? Is there anything that can fully describe how much I love having you around? No. You know the struggles, you know my quirks and you still love me for it. Hopefully, 2014 will have better things in store for us.
- Suhani – My little sister, my quirky little munchkin. You came into my life and stayed with me through this past month when I was at my worst. You patiently listened to me and told me to keep my chin up and made me laugh with the inane amount of times you said “LUNGI”. Here’s to us and 2014!
- Divij – We’ve had the rockiest relationship, but you’ve never changed your opinion of me, regardless of how idiotic I can get. Your support, your love and moreover, your faith in me is something I’ve never had from anyone and I just cannot thank you enough for always believing in me.
- Pearl – There are no words to describe the relationship I’ve begun to build with you. You have made me smile, you are an amazing friend I hope our friendship continues to build and become stronger. You are one of the kindest people I know, and I love you dearly.
- Ambika – WHAT can I say that hasn’t already been said? Sister, mentor, friend, guardian angel – there are no words to describe how much you’ve influenced my life. To all my drama, to all my sadness, you’ve just sat and listened and guided me and spiritually helped me grow. I cannot thank God enough for bringing you into my life.
- Lionel – Happy, kind, compassionate, wonderful, always positive – there isn’t anyone who could encapsulate those qualities quite like you. From quietly walking into my life to becoming a staple feature – you are wonderful. You are a pure soul. Thank you for putting up with me and my drama.
There isn’t much more I can say about the people that are here and in my life. I cannot thank you enough for being there for me and for accepting me for who I am. The only thing I want to say is – If I’ve hurt you, if I’ve pained and done something (unconsciously) to make you feel animosity towards me, forgive me. The only thing I want from all of you is to accept me for who I am and know that my heart only has nothing but love for you. So here’s to the end of 2013 and may we forge stronger, and better bonds in 2014.
I love you all. Thank you for making this girl the person that she is – it wouldn’t have been possible without you.